Effective Date: June 26, 2018
The phrase “Personal Information” refers to information that may be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number or other billing information. We also describe the measures we take to help protect the security of your Personal Information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Please do not provide highly sensitive information such as Social Insurance Numbers, financial information or health records.
We may obtain information about you that you upload to our Nextal Portal or that may be provided to us by the employer whose career and employment opportunities are promoted on this Nextal Portal. The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your Personal Information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of the Nextal Portal.
- The name and email address of your friends or family members when you ask us to share with them a job posting on your behalf. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the job posting from you.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on the Nextal Portal.
- Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age and gender). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described above.
- Job search behavior and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on the Nextal Portal. We do this in order to present you with job recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your searches.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
We may collect information stored in your social media profile that you authorize us to access when you use your social media profile to enact features on the Nextal Portal, such as the ability to pre-populate our registration form or a job application.
When you visit the Nextal Portal, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to the Nextal Portal, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave the Nextal Portal.
- Dates and times of visits to the Nextal Portal.
- Information on actions taken on the Nextal Portal (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses the Nextal Portal.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach the Nextal Portal.
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Nextal Portal.
- Provide information or services you request.
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on the Nextal Portal.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Send job postings to your friends or family members on your behalf.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Nextal Portal.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Enable the employer customer to contact you and deliver marketing and promotional communications to you by email, text message or other means that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities) and to solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications. Please note that if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing and promotional communications, you may continue to receive transactional and operational emails from us.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of the Nextal Portal, mobile applications and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on the Nextal Portal.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce the Nextal Portal Terms and Conditions.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We also use certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Nextal Portal (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Nextal Portal. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, as described in more detail below.
When you join the Nextal Portal or apply for a job through the Nextal Portal, we provide your Personal Information to the employer customer who has hired Nextal to create and operate this Nextal Portal on its behalf, (including your e-mail address and other contact information that you publish on your resume). The employer customer may use your information to contact you directly.
The employer customer for whom we act as a service provider to operate this Nextal Portal will receive reports that contain aggregate data about its Nextal Portal. We also use aggregate data and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Nextal Portal (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Nextal Portal.
Additionally, we may combine certain aggregate data about our users and use such aggregate data to prepare reports for our users (typically employers or educators).
“Aggregate Data” is the demographic information (such as zip code, age or gender) and employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together.
Aggregate data is used to analyze the characteristics of various populations. For example, an employer may purchase a report from Nextal that states the number of accountants with at least five year’s experience that live within a certain geographic area.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in providing the Nextal Portal on behalf of the employer customer, such as hosting our Sites, sending communications to you, serving advertisements on our Sites and managing and analyzing data. These service providers are only authorized to use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Nextal and our Canadian, US and other service providers and affiliates may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of Nextal.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” is also called a Web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, aWeb beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a Web site or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the Web site or sending the e-mail.
Nextal also stores information about you such as past jobs viewed and job searches conducted by your computer. We do this in order to present you with job recommendations based on your interests as expressed previously through your searches.
In addition, the employer that uses this Nextal Portal may place cookies on your computer through their job postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, employers use such information to track the effectiveness of their job postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became job applicants.
The Nextal Portal may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by Nextal. These other sites or third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by Nextal, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.